Going to Tanzania for a safari tour is one of the most beautiful experiences you can have in your life. Safaris here are magical experiences where you can meet some of the world’s most beautiful animals and breathtaking scenery. But how much does it cost, and what are the prices for a safari in Tanzania?
The prices obviously vary a lot and depend on various factors, especially the tour operator that organizes them. This article will discuss just what these factors are, including the true cost of a safari.
Or you can request a quote and immediately discover fantastic itineraries in Tanzania organized by our tour operator Safari Avventura.
What factors influence the price of a Tanzanian safari?
The cost of tours in Tanzania can range from several hundred Euros depending on several factors that more or less affect associated expenses.
Some of these factors are:
- Duration of the tour: obviously, the more days you spend in Tanzania, the more expensive the safari becomes. A safari of a few days can cost significantly lesser compared to a tour of 10-15 days.
- Number of parks visited: Entry in to Tanzania’s parks is subject to entry visas per person costing between 55USD and 90USD per day. Entering some of these parks such as the Ngorongoro Crater with a jeep attracts an entrance fee of over 300USD. This therefore implies that for each park visited with a jeep, a fee of at least $300 is charged for entry only.
- Tour type: There is of course the possibility of organizing different types of tours in Tanzania, the cost of which depends on the lifestyle you intend to adopt. These range from economy safaris, which include a few parks and overnight accommodations in tented camps, to luxury safaris, which include entry to several parks, overnight accommodations in beautiful lodges, and trips to Zanzibar with domestic flights.
- Use of domestic flights: some of our itineraries include domestic flights, which are necessary to reach Zanzibar. This is a factor that significantly increases the cost of a safari.
- Additional Services/Activities: During our safaris you may choose to do some additional activities based on your interests, which may increase the price of the safari.
- Number of people: A solo safari is considerably more expensive than a group safari. Our offers are specifically designed for groups of at least 2 people, right up to 7 persons. For example, an itinerary with 4 people allows for savings of about 15% compared to a solo tour.
- Season: as with any holiday destination, costs vary depending on whether the safari is done in high or low season.
There are also a number of necessary expenses for the safari to go on smoothly. These include, among others:
- The exclusive use of a Jeep
- The presence of a professional guide
- Water and snacks
- Lunches, dinners and breakfasts
- Cost of fuel
How much does it cost to go on a safari in Tanzania?
As seen already, the price of a safari itinerary in Tanzania depends on many factors, and can range from 700 USD to 4000 USD per person, or from 600 € to 3500 €. The average daily cost of a tour in Tanzania, including all expenses is about 300 € – 400 € per day.
To meet everyone’s needs, we have organised itineraries in Tanzania at low prices, so that everyone can enjoy this unique experience. Our Tanzanian safari offers include two different 5 and 7 day summer itineraries, the Gray Crowned Crane safari, starting at 970 USD per person, and the Elephant safari, starting at 1680 USD.
These two low-priced itineraries in Tanzania are for groups of 2 to 7 people, and have fixed start dates.
Why choose us
Among the many tour operators that organize safaris around the world, Safari Avventura is the best answer to those looking for a reliable and professional tour operator to tour Tanzania with. Our strength is in our specialisation in safaris in Tanzania only, to ensure you have the best experience in this magical land.
In addition, our prices for itineraries in Tanzania and Zanzibar are a bargain, despite the great quality that distinguishes us, and the tremendous satisfaction of all who have toured with us.